Announcing Web Summer Camp 2017! Speakers Wanted
We at Netgen and Salsa Adria Productions are ready for another #websc adventure, are you? :) The 2017 website is out, we know the time and the place, and are looking for speakers and sponsors.
Staying where it feels good
Your answers to the questionnaire were leading us in deciding on the time and place. Since you loved Rovinj and were delighted with Lone Hotel, there was no doubt that we should stay in that wonderful town and the venue for another year.
As for the dates, it was important to us that we use up those last days of summer for our workshop and outdoor activities. We think 30th August to 2nd September 2017 are the perfect dates and look forward to seeing you!
Looking for speakers and sponsors
We’ve caught a good rhythm and are officially opening Call for Papers for Web Summer Camp 2017!
If one of those subjects has hit the spot and you have a workshop in mind, send us your idea by 31st March 2017! We will be filling the program and defining the topics along the way, don’t wait until the last day to apply. :)
We prepared two nice speaker packages for you and also encourage your company or an interested party to sponsor you!
Over the years, we have had a good wind at our back provided by our amazing sponsors and supporters. This year that could be you! We have four sponsorship packages, it’s easy to find one which fits you best.
Releasing the #websc 2016 workshop videos
Holidays come early this year. :) All workshop videos from PHP & eZ Publish topics have been released!
The Design workshops have some new photos attached that will bring the great atmosphere closer to you.
- Burn down your keyboard - get the most out of your PhpStorm; by Patrik Karisch
- Running PHP in Docker containers; by Marek Matulka
- Extending Sylius: Adding a multilingual blog; by Daniel Leech
- Lightning fast tests; by Jakub Zalas
- Using Behat and PHPSpec for emergent design with ubiquitous language; by Florian Klein
- Writing API clients with HTTPlug; by David Buchmann & Márk Sági-Kazár
- Let's play a game: No extends \o/. Advanced OOP with Symfony 3; by David Jegat
- Clean code; by Tobias Schlitt
- Forms in Symfony 3; by Bernhard Schussek
- The framework is dead, long live the framework; by Bruno Škvorc
- Getting Started with the Sulu CMS; by Daniel Rotter & Bernhard Schussek
- Practical RabbitMq Workshop or Hip to the hop, the rabbits just don’t stop; by Srdjan Vranac
#eZ Publish workshops
- Creating a website using the latest version of eZ Platform; by David Christian Liedle
- Practical APIs with eZ Publish/ eZ Platform; by Urban Etter
- Extending eZ Platform & eZ Enterprise; by Piotr Nalepa & Kamil Musiał
- Using eZ Platform as a Headless CMS; by Jani Tarvainen
- We decided to rewrite legacy datatype to eZ Platform field type. You won’t believe what happened next!; by Hrvoje Knežević & Edi Modrić
- eZ Publish 5: from zero to automated deployment (and no regressions!) in one afternoon; by Gaetano Giunta
Staying in touch
You’ll be able to find all new info on the Camp's 2017 website. For regular updates, sign up for the newsletter, and you can also follow all news on Facebook and Twitter. If you prefer photo stories, #websc Instagram is the right place for you.
Stay tuned and see you in Rovinj, Croatia on August 30 - September 2, 2017!